Saturday, January 1, 2011

twentyeleven

Welp, the holidays blew by and here I sit with nothing but a blank page--which I suppose, metaphorically could be a blank slate for the new year.

2010 was big. My baby started kindergarten. Never again will my oldest start Kindergarten. My babies turned from babies into toddlers. Never again will I experience the smell that milky baby smell on my girls' skin. Never again will I run their bald, hairless heads. Never again will I be less than a quarter-of-a-year old. Never, never, never.

2011 will be better. We will gleefully walk by the diaper isle at Costco and wave a little greeting to them; thankfully remembering all they've done for us, but glad they're staying away from our cart. My "baby" will turn six. That's big. That means loose teeth, having fights with friends, feeling like an adult in a little body.I will run at least two 5ks. I will start Nursing School-step #1 in the journey to becoming a Midwife.

I think I'm the most sentimental person I know. I love to love & I take time and think about the smallest things. I think about the sadness of another year gone forever; and I think about the joy and promise of the years who haven't yet come.
The ending of our year 2009...
And  the ending of our year 2010...

I'm excited. Life is so beautiful. I love my family. And I love setting goals.
Speaking of setting goals, here are my New Years' Resolutions:
1. Spend more time with God.
2.Doing more with my family rather than buying more. (This will result in goal #3)
3. Work on better money management. ( We buy wayyy too much crap.)
4.Enjoy my kids more...as 2011 is most likely the last year I will be a stay-at-home mom...forever.
(Disclaimer for #4: I know it sounds weird to have to try to enjoy your kids, but take it from any stay at home mom of toddlers, it's easy to forget to take some time off from chasing, yelling, wiping butts and noses to remember that we are supposed to be enjoying this...)

Peace out 2010
HAPPY NEW YEAR...
What will you do with your blank slate?
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment