Thursday, March 25, 2010

Writing, Sentimental...ness, and being thankful for something every day.

I love to write. I don't have a really exciting life or anything that makes my family like, crazy unique, but hey, what about the little things? The tiny little wish-you-could-freeze-time, moments. Wind blowing through stringy, ratty cute, baby girl hairs, or the innocence of a five-year-old who doesn't yet understand why people in this world do bad things. I want time to stop. Is that too much to ask?

But sometimes, I find myself wishing the time away. "I can't wait until they're old enough to paint their toenails," or "I can't wait until he stops peeing the bed." Honestly, this very moment in my life is the time I am going to look back on and miss. I feel totally and completely blessed that God has chosen to give me the ability to appreciate my life- every moment. (Well, not every moment.) I think that's a gift-- don't you? I'm sure there have been all too many people on their deathbeds who's only wish was to have been happy.To have "took it in." Well, I am happy, and I definitely take it all in.

Endnote: My New Year's Resolution every year, (I know, I know, I love change), is to "be thankful for something every day." Try it. You'll like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment