Sunday, June 10, 2018

My blog.

I just took a nice little trip down memory lane and read every one of my old blog posts, all the way back to almost 10 years ago now. It's funny how sentiment bring me to this place; it never fails me. I can leave it for months, years, and it's blank pages are still here waiting for me. Sentiment. Tonight's is because my baby girl turns four tomorrow. If you knew me only by my blog, you wouldn't even know that I have four kids now. Late in the afternoon on June 11th of 2014, my screeching little princess came into the world--and just like that our hearts and family grew bigger than we ever knew was possible. She is our whole world. She is so bossy. She is so funny. She is so smart and determined and personable. She knows no stranger and she is brutally honest. What was life without her? And just like that four years have gone by and I haven't even written a blog post.

All my posts have a common theme interwoven throughout...it seems to remain constant through the years...sentiment...the feeling of my children's little years slipping through my fingers so fast. I haven't put writing on the front burner in a long time because one: four kids; two: was getting my Master's Degree; three: working mother; four; everyone plays sports and I work and volunteer at school all.the.time. But, it never lets me down...every time I feel the need to come here; its here.

The more things change, the more the stay the same. My Aiden, who I blogged about starting Kindergarten will begin his last year of Middle School this year...one year left until High School. Teenager. 13 years old. How is this real? He doesn't love baseball anymore...he fell out of love with soccer for a new love of football...and now is trying to work things out with soccer, so we will see how that goes. He's still amazingly smart and is such a great kid. I am more proud of him than ever. Now if he will just turn his homework in on time that would be awesome.

Addison and Aila are beautiful and smart and just the best kids. They are going into 4th grade this year.
I cried when I read on Aila's final report card that she was "promoted to fourth grade", and she called me out in front of the whole class--"MOM, ARE YOU CRYING?!?!" Aila is such a leader and such a good friend. She is in Student Council and is such a good example. She is really very wise beyond her years and is so mature and responsible. She is such a good friend to me. Her and Ava are so strong-willed and one or both of them will definitely be President one day. She is so athletic; a great and aggressive soccer player who recently unearthed a newfound love of basketball, so we will run with it and see where it ends up. She is so good at math and is first to finish all her her fast-facts tests. (She did not get that from me.)
Addison is the most beautiful girl in the world and has the most gentle heart. She is definitely the most easy-going person in the family (besides me, heh)...she doesn't complain; she's so tough; and she always compromises. Her gentle spirit reminds me so much of myself. She is such a great friend and is a great athlete and artist. She rocks her Spelling Tests with almost 100% every single week. She really enjoys volleyball and says she wants to try cheerleading soon. Ava always says "Addy is my best friend". She's such a great sister.
Ava, my baby. Well, what can I say. Last year was her first year of preschool at Heights and she was in Ms. Flor's class. She is in her element at school. The kid knows no timidness. She will literally see a kid across a mile long field and run to make friends with them. She is so wonderfully wonderful. She will start 3-day a week Pre-K in the fall and then...Kindergarten in the fall next year. Then this blog will have gone full circle. From before Kinder of my first to before Kinder of my last.

We only have Aiden for 4.5 more years and then we are down one, three to go. And then...I don't even want to think about it. Life is so short. Tonight was the last night I will have ever kissed a three-year old baby goodnight. Tomorrow my three year-old baby will be a four-year old girl. No more "milky" at night before bed. No more baby stuff in my house. At least she still sleeps with her Beesy. Please, God, let her sleep with that thing forever.












No comments:

Post a Comment